In yesterday’s post, we started to take a look at what you can do to live with purpose without getting overwhelmed by tackling too much at once. Today I thought I’d share a list of various things you can do to live more purposely and make a difference.
Browse through the list below and use it as inspiration for things you can do. Try what seems interesting or fun or use it as a starting point to come up with your own ideas. Most importantly come up with a couple of small things and commit to doing them this week. It’s time to start living with purpose now.
**This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.**
Make A Difference At Home and At Work
Let’s start with a couple of meaningful and purposeful things you can do around your house and office:
- Organize your desk.
- Learn a new language or skill.
- Pick up a new hobby.
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Write Thank You notes.
- Plan a romantic dinner.
- Plant a garden.
- Cook from scratch.
- Create a household budget.
- Take a continued education class.
- Go back to college.
Make A Difference In Your Local Community
Another great place to look at when it comes to living with purpose is your local community. What activities can you participate in, and what can you do to help out. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about this:
- Help out an elderly neighbor.
- Trade babysitting services with a friend.
- Attend and help out at a local church.
- Support local charities.
- Run a charity race.
- Help out at your local school.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter or soup kitchen.
- Donate to a local food pantry.
Make A Difference In The World
Last but not least, there’s a lot you can do to make a difference in the world at large. Some of it will require travel and thus a bit more planning (not to mention money), but there’s also quite a bit you can do from home, thanks to the internet and our global connections. Here are a couple of ideas for you:
- Join and support charitable organizations.
- Learn about different cultures and languages.
- Support mission organizations.
- Support mission trips from your local community.
- Go on a mission trip.
- Travel and explore different cultures.
- Provide financial support to your favorite causes.
- Become active on social media to raise awareness.
I hope these ideas have inspired you to come up with your very own short list of simple things you can start doing right now to live with more purpose. Find one or two of them and start implementing them right away. Then keep coming back to your list for inspiration and to add to it as we go through the rest of this 30-day challenge.
You don’t need to make huge things to make a big difference, small gestures can speak volumes!
Friend, do you know someone who will enjoy this free challenge? Please share this post and invite them to sign up today! If you haven’t signed up yet, sign up now.
Subscribe to our email and receive our 30 days living with purpose series in your inbox.
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- Finding Blessings in Our Struggles
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Books I Recommend About Finding Your Purpose on Amazon
Life on Purpose: How Living for What Matters Most Changes EverythingThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Life Purpose Boot Camp: The 8-Week Breakthrough Plan for Creating a Meaningful LifeWhat On Earth Am I Here For? Study Guide (The Purpose Driven Life)Living Life on Purpose: Discovering God’s Best for Your LifeThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Daily Inspiration for the Purpose Driven Life: Scriptures and Reflections from the 40 Days of Purpose
Teach your kids independence and responsibility at easy!
Ana is the unhurried homeschool mom of 3, wife, health coach, social media and online marketing strategist, and blogger. She loves to encourage, inspire and empower moms to go from stressed to blessed by providing them with the tips, strategies, and resources they need to succeed. Ana is the founder of They Call Me Blessed and the creator of 5 Days to Your Best Homeschool Years, Grow Your Blog Partying in 30 Days, and the Beyond Blessed Life Planners. She leads a vibrant online community for moms on Facebook and you can connect with her at www.facebook.com/theycallmeblessedblog.