Did you know purpose and happiness are connected?
When we start to make a difference and live a purpose driven life, something amazing happens. We become happier and more fulfilled. I’m sure you’ve experienced this. It doesn’t have to be anything big like going on a year-long mission trip or setting out to cure the world of cancer. Even small gestures that make a difference can have a big impact on how you feel.
When you help a fellow student pick up a stack of dropped books, run an errand for an elderly neighbor, loan a great book that’s had an impact on your own life to a friend, or remind a fellow grocery shopper of a left bag, it feels good doesn’t it? We like to help out and make a difference. It doesn’t matter how small the act is.
The Connection Between Purpose And Happiness
We have been social creatures who rely on each other for millennia. Over the course of that time our bodies and brains have evolved to give us positive rewards for helping out and making a difference. In other words, it feels good to live with purpose and make a difference. It makes us happy.
It’s one of the biggest reasons why living with purpose is such an important goal. At the end of the day, we all just want to be happy, or at the very least happier than we are right now. Looking at popular media and advertising in particular, it seems that the key to happiness is more material goods. We’re made to believe that bigger and more expensive houses and cars, more clothes, shoes, furniture, electronics, workout gear and the likes are what will make us happy. If only we can buy and accumulate enough “stuff”, we’ll feel better. Sadly, quite the opposite is true. The more you own, the more you have to worry about and take care of, taking away valuable time that you could be spending on something else.
The True Key To Happiness
The key to happiness isn’t to own more. It’s to live a purpose driven life and making a difference in the world. It’s one of the reasons why minimalism is becoming so popular. When your life and mind isn’t cluttered with all the extra stuff, you feel calmer, more in control, and have the time and mental energy to figure out your own purpose.
A purpose driven life is one lived within our core values. It caters to our need to cooperate and work together. It strengthens our confidence and makes us feel needed and valuable. All of this leads to an increased feeling of happiness. The moral of the story is stop buying stuff you don’t need, stop chasing that high-paying job that makes you miserable for 60 hours a week and start living your life with purpose.
Friend, do you know someone who will enjoy this free challenge? Please share this post and invite them to sign up today! If you haven’t signed up yet, please sign up here.
Want A Life with Purpose?
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
- 3 Huge Reasons Why You Should Be Traveling The World
- How To Never Stop Learning
- 3 Reasons You Need To Embrace Hobbies And Interests
- How Much Time Are You Spending On Facebook?
- Why I don’t waste time watching TV And You Shouldn’t Either
- Your Purpose Doesn’t Have To Be Huge To Make A Difference
- Why What You Do For A Living Matters
- The Connection Between Purpose and Happiness
- Four Questions To Help You Discover Your Purpose In Life
- How to Go From Existing To Truly Living Life
- 3 Steps To Help You Find Your Calling
- 5 Benefits of Finding Your Purpose
- 30 Days to Start Living with Purpose
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Books I Recommend About Finding Your Purpose on Amazon
Life on Purpose: How Living for What Matters Most Changes EverythingThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Life Purpose Boot Camp: The 8-Week Breakthrough Plan for Creating a Meaningful LifeWhat On Earth Am I Here For? Study Guide (The Purpose Driven Life)Living Life on Purpose: Discovering God’s Best for Your LifeThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Daily Inspiration for the Purpose Driven Life: Scriptures and Reflections from the 40 Days of Purpose
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?