Let’s talk about something fun today – traveling the world. Or at least making an effort to travel more and further than you are now. Not only is it a lot of fun, it’s also good for you and can help you live a more purpose-driven life. Of course if one of your big goals is to travel more and see as much of the world as you can, this is a no-brainer. Even if traveling isn’t one of your ambitions right now and you’re perfectly comfortable staying in your little corner of the world, I encourage you to explore the option and give travel a try.
Ryan and I grew up traveling and exploring new places and we didn’t slow much down after our son was born. By the time Ben was two-years-old, he had visited ten countries with us. We both love traveling the world and we love missions which is a perfect combination for us. Hopefully, our children will love traveling the world as much as we do when they grow up.
We live in a very global and interconnected world. Experiencing more of it in person will help you understand it better, which brings us to the first reason why you should be traveling the world…
Reason #1 – Traveling the World Helps You Experience New Cultures
As you travel the world and interact with the people living there, you learn a lot about different cultures. It’s fun to try new food, go shopping in a very different atmosphere and looking at very different products, stumble through conversations in a foreign language, and just soak up the fact that things can be done differently. Traveling is a great way to experience new cultures and learn from those experiences.
Reason #2 – Traveling the World Helps You Become More Open Minded
This, in turn, helps you become more open-minded. You realize that there is more than one way to do things in all areas of life. Cooking is done differently, parenting is done differently, and even the rhythm of life might be very different. And that’s just the beginning. You will come across all sorts of new ideas that challenge the way you’ve been thinking about things. That’s a good thing because it gives you the opportunity to rethink how you’re doing things and become more intentional and purposeful in what you do.
Reason #3 – Traveling the World Helps You Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Because so many things are done very differently and the entire culture is different from your own, traveling gets you out of your comfort zone. You experience new cultures, eat new foods, meet new people and see the world with a new fresh perspective. It’s great when you feel like you’re stuck in a rut or just need some fresh inspiration.
When we stay in our comfort zone, it’s hard to grow and it’s hard to change how we live our lives. Stepping out of that zone and doing things that are new, uncomfortable, and challenging is how we grow as human beings. Traveling is a great way to do that.
Even if traveling isn’t big on your “to-do” list right now, I encourage you to make it a priority. If actual world travel isn’t an option for you right now, do a bit of armchair traveling by learning more about a foreign country including its culture and language. I love watching documentaries about other countries and cultures! Don’t you?
Ready to start traveling the world? So, what places are on your wishlist? Let me know down in the comments!
Join our 30 Days to A Life With Purpose Free Challenge here:
Want A Life with Purpose?
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
- 3 Huge Reasons Why You Should Be Traveling The World
- How To Never Stop Learning
- 3 Reasons You Need To Embrace Hobbies And Interests
- How Much Time Are You Spending On Facebook?
- Why I don’t waste time watching TV And You Shouldn’t Either
- Your Purpose Doesn’t Have To Be Huge To Make A Difference
- Why What You Do For A Living Matters
- The Connection Between Purpose and Happiness
- Four Questions To Help You Discover Your Purpose In Life
- How to Go From Existing To Truly Living Life
- 3 Steps To Help You Find Your Calling
- 5 Benefits of Finding Your Purpose
- 30 Days to Start Living with Purpose
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?