This 30 days challenge is all about going from existing to truly living life with purpose. Today is day 10 of 30 Days to A Life With Purpose.
We all get stuck in a rut sometimes. We go through the motions and have the days roll by without much fun or excitement. We’re doing what we’re supposed to be doing without questioning things or changing them up. We’re all guilty of this at some point or another. We get into a comfortable routine and are afraid to step outside of our comfort zone and try something new. While that may be a safe and secure way to live life, we end up spending our time merely existing instead of truly living life to the fullest.
I believe God created us to more than just simply existing. He wants us to start truly living life – and a life more abundant!
“I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
The key to moving from letting the days pass you by to creating a meaningful life that you’ll look back on with pride is intention and purpose. That’s it. You simply have to step in, take control, and figure out what you want your life to be. Sounds pretty easy, doesn’t it?
Of course, that’s easier said than done. If it wasn’t, there would be no reason to run this 30-day challenge, and there wouldn’t be bestselling books written on the topic. The biggest problem is that we’re all very good at coming up with excuses about why we can’t do what we actually would like to do. We come up with the excuses because they keep us safe. They keep us from trying new things and taking risks. They keep us from having to deal with possible disappointment.
How to Start Truly Living Life
There are things you want to do in life but maybe you’re too shy or embarrassed because you’re overweight or your hair is red or you have pimples or…the list goes on and on. I’m sure you have one of these that’s a mile long.
Who cares if you’re a little out of shape and overweight? Who cares if you’re doing something by yourself because you don’t have a group of friends interested in the same things you are. Who cares if everyone around you has an opinion about what you’re doing. Do it anyway.
Learn to feel good about yourself, gain some confidence, love yourself just the way God loves you, and just do the things you love, that you were created and called to do.
Trust me, it is well worth the risk. One way to get over the fear of the unknown and step out of your comfort zone is asking yourself “What’s the worst that could happen?” Often the worst scenario you can possibly imagine isn’t nearly as scary as the unknown. That one little exercise may just do the trick to convince you to give the things you’ve always wanted to do a try.
This week, I challenge you to pick one thing, one activity, just something and do it. Do it today if you can. Take action and take charge of your life and your purpose.
Ready for a life with purpose?
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
- 3 Huge Reasons Why You Should Be Traveling The World
- How To Never Stop Learning
- 3 Reasons You Need To Embrace Hobbies And Interests
- How Much Time Are You Spending On Facebook?
- Why I don’t waste time watching TV And You Shouldn’t Either
- Your Purpose Doesn’t Have To Be Huge To Make A Difference
- Why What You Do For A Living Matters
- The Connection Between Purpose and Happiness
- Four Questions To Help You Discover Your Purpose In Life
- How to Go From Existing To Truly Living Life
- 3 Steps To Help You Find Your Calling
- 5 Benefits of Finding Your Purpose
- 30 Days to Start Living with Purpose
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Books I Recommend on Amazon
Life on Purpose: How Living for What Matters Most Changes EverythingThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Life Purpose Boot Camp: The 8-Week Breakthrough Plan for Creating a Meaningful LifeWhat On Earth Am I Here For? Study Guide (The Purpose Driven Life)Living Life on Purpose: Discovering God’s Best for Your LifeThe Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?Daily Inspiration for the Purpose Driven Life: Scriptures and Reflections from the 40 Days of Purpose
Divine Time Management: The Joy of Trusting God’s Loving Plans for YouMaster Your Time, Master Your Life: The Breakthrough System to Get More Results, Faster, in Every Area of Your LifeOrganize Your Day: 17 Easy Strategies to Manage Your Day, Improve Productivity & Overcome Procrastination (Time Management, Procrastination, Stress Free Living, Organization)Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less TimeMinding Your Time: Time Management, Productivity, and Success, Especially for Introverts (Introvert Success)Time Management Mama: Making Use of the Margins to Pursue your Passions