Living a purpose driven life is everything!
Today, I want to talk about values. They guide our lives and are like a compass to keep us on the clear and narrow. We learned basic values as young children, and then continue to evolve and adapt them as we grow into adulthood. Along the way things can sometimes get murky. Part of growing up involves questioning the values we’ve grown up with and sometimes, we simply disregard some of the values we’ve grown up with without setting up a clear new system of values to guide us.
** This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.**
The beauty of living a purpose driven life is that as soon as you start paying attention to what you want to accomplish and start to live with purpose.
Your values become clear. You know without a shadow of a doubt what’s most important to you. You may choose family over a big raise or overtime. You may choose working hard now and saving up over instant gratification. You may choose going out and making friends or exercising (or both at once) oversleeping in on the weekend. You get the idea.
When you live with purpose… no matter how big or small those purposes may be… you live based on values. When you look at it and think about it for a minute, those values will become very clear to you. You’ll learn what’s most important to you. That, in turn, will help throughout the rest of your life moving forward
Once you are clear about your values and have them defined, it becomes much easier to make daily decisions and choices. With your value compass in place, you only have to ask yourself if what you are doing is aligning with those values. That in turn makes your life a lot easier. You no longer have to agonize or second guess yourself. Instead, you make your decision and are confident that it’s the right one.
Having a moral compass and set of values gives you a lot of confidence. You know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you’re doing the right thing and are moving in the right direction. Between that and the passion and excitement a purpose driven life brings, you’ll feel like you’re on the right path. That takes a lot of stress, worry, and second guessing out of the equation, which is a very good thing.
Anything less than a purpose driven life is not enough…
You may actually feel like you are in a good place right where you are now but if you haven’t experienced the peace, joy and most importantly the fulfillment and contentment that comes with living a purpose driven life it you would never be able to understand how it feels.
Here is a scripture I love so much about the confirmation that there is indeed a purpose for each and every one of us…
“But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” (Exodus 9:16).
You find yourself calmly moving through life, making decisions, taking action, and moving along almost effortlessly. I’m sure you’ve noticed people around you who have a strong purpose and values. They stride through life instead of stumbling. That’s the goal and that’s what I want you to get out of this 30 Day Living with Purpose challenge. Start paying attention to your own moral compass of values and let it guide you well on this sometimes complicated, and sometimes treacherous path of living life.
Join our 30 Days to A Life With Purpose Free Challenge here:
Want A Life with Purpose?
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
- 3 Huge Reasons Why You Should Be Traveling The World
- How To Never Stop Learning
- 3 Reasons You Need To Embrace Hobbies And Interests
- How Much Time Are You Spending On Facebook?
- Why I don’t waste time watching TV And You Shouldn’t Either
- Your Purpose Doesn’t Have To Be Huge To Make A Difference
- Why What You Do For A Living Matters
- The Connection Between Purpose and Happiness
- Four Questions To Help You Discover Your Purpose In Life
- How to Go From Existing To Truly Living Life
- 3 Steps To Help You Find Your Calling
- 5 Benefits of Finding Your Purpose
- 30 Days to Start Living with Purpose
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?