When you have a purpose, you start taking action and aren’t afraid of failure. Purpose gives us courage and boldness to fulfill our calling and destiny.
Something remarkable happens when you start to think about, and then live your life more purposefully. You start taking action intentionally. You start doing things instead of second-guessing yourself and procrastinating. You get off the couch and get going on the things you’ve always wanted to do.
Taking action becomes so much easier when you have a clear purpose. You have a goal in mind and you know exactly what the next step is that you need to take. Even more importantly, you are highly motivated to get it done.
How Having Purpose Makes You Start Taking Action
Let’s look at weight loss as an example. You can try to lose some weight and get into shape for months and even years with little success. Sure, you eat a little better and you go for a walk every now and then, but because you don’t have an actual purpose, you don’t get far. You also occasionally give in to the urge to snack, get second helping, or indulge in a cookie. There’s no big reason to get serious about losing weight and there’s no deadline.
Now pretend you’re getting married in nine months and you are determined to look great on your big day. You have a dress or suit size in mind and a pretty good idea of how many pounds you have to lose by your wedding day. Suddenly you have a purpose, a goal, and a deadline. That’s exactly what it takes to get serious about losing weight.
You start taking massive action. You clean up your diet, cut out the sugar and processed food. You start working out to tone and reshape your body as you start to drop those pounds. You read up on and learn as much as you can about nutrition and the latest trends in diet and exercise. Best of all the pounds start to drop and you’re looking better and better the closer you get to your non-negotiable deadline.
A Call To Action
–> Join me for a 12-week weight loss and fitness challenge for only $10 starting on Monday, January 22! I know I need to lose 20 pounds and I want to lose these extra pounds before June.
Taking Action Changes Everything
That’s the power of having a purpose in action. It spurs you on and motivates you to do things and make changes. Having a purpose also keeps you from procrastinating out of a false fear of failure. Does that mean you won’t fail? Of course not. There’s a chance you may not hit your weight loss goal and there a very good chance that you’ll cheat and have a doughnut or the likes at some point on your weight loss journey. That’s not the point and not the type of failure I’m talking about.
No matter what because of your purpose you’re going to make some serious progress and even if you stumble, you pick yourself up and get right back to it… because you have an important purpose that’s motivating you. Not trying because you think you may fail is no longer an option and that’s a pretty big deal.
Join our 30 Days to A Life With Purpose Free Challenge here:
Want A Life with Purpose?
Read the 30 Days to A Life With Purpose posts here:
- How to Align Your Purpose Through Prayer And Meditation
- Why You Should NOT Be The Focus of Your Life
- When You Live A Purpose Driven Life, Your Values Are Clear
- Why When You Live With Purpose You Stop Worrying
- 4 Reasons Living With Purpose Makes You A Kinder Person
- Why Money And Stuff Don’t Make You Happy
- Why Living With Purpose Is Good For Your Spiritual Health
- How to Start Taking Action And Live Your Purpose
- How to Build Purposeful And Meaningful Relationships
- 3 Huge Reasons Why You Should Be Traveling The World
- How To Never Stop Learning
- 3 Reasons You Need To Embrace Hobbies And Interests
- How Much Time Are You Spending On Facebook?
- Why I don’t waste time watching TV And You Shouldn’t Either
- Your Purpose Doesn’t Have To Be Huge To Make A Difference
- Why What You Do For A Living Matters
- The Connection Between Purpose and Happiness
- Four Questions To Help You Discover Your Purpose In Life
- How to Go From Existing To Truly Living Life
- 3 Steps To Help You Find Your Calling
- 5 Benefits of Finding Your Purpose
- 30 Days to Start Living with Purpose
My Favorite Tool For A Life With Purpose
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?