It’s hard to believe we have just picked our Kindergarten homeschool curriculum for our youngest! Time flies! Homeschooling a preschooler was so much fun.
Ariella is eager to learn and practically taught herself to read this year for our surprise. I’ve been trying to delay a formal education for her as much as I can as I am a firm believer that later is better.
Choosing the perfect kindergarten homeschool curriculum is not an easy task, but it is not an impossible one either! You can learn how to chose the right homeschool curriculum for your family here.
We found the perfect kindergarten homeschool curriculum for our daughter at Sonlight Curriculum.
We are huge fans of Sonlight for many, MANY, many reasons! This is our fourth year using Sonlight as our main curriculum and we have never been disappointed! Sonlight has the best selections of living books I have ever seen. It is a literature based curriculum that is perfect for any Charlotte Mason fan.
Here are some of our favorite reasons to love Sonlight:
- Literature based curriculum
- Best selections of living books
- Perfect for any Charlotte Mason fan
- You choose what you want and what works best for your children in your curriculum package
- Instructor guide ready to go (No planning needed!)
- All researches have been done for me so I can spend my time focusing on teaching only! Not planning, not research…
- Sonlight advisors available to help you anytime you need
- Payment plans!! Did you know that??
- Love to learn guarantee. If you don’t like it, you can send it back even after you have used it for a while and they will give you 100% money back! (What other curriculum company does that for you?)
So what have we picked for our Kindergarten homeschool curriculum?
We picked Sonlight Core P4/5: Explore God’s World – Discover fascinating differences (and similarities) between people around the world.
This is the spine of our Kindergarten homeschool curriculum and includes many wonderful classics.
Here is a list of all the books and resources we will be using in our Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum this year:
Sonlight’s Instructor Guide
Includes the following resources for teaching all Pre-K subjects: full Schedule; Teaching Helps; memory exercises, nursery rhymes, poems, songs, and activities; and much more.
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum for Bible
It’s harder than you might guess to find a children’s Bible that tells the stories accurately, respectfully, and succinctly. This one does.
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum for History & Geography
A meditative book illustrating the broad diversity of people in the world today. Written and illustrated by award-winning children’s author-artist Peter Spier. Full-color illustrations.
Six stories of God’s faithfulness to His people in Africa.
Mostly serious but sometimes lighthearted look at various jobs–from farmer to service station owner, newspaper reporter to veterinarian. Fascinating! In Usborne’s inimitable style.
True story about a Thai boy who accidentally knocks the head off his family’s Happy Idol. An innocent question, “Why can’t the idols heal themselves?” leads to a spiritual awakening.
Simple text provides discussion starters to help children understand historical time, a concept difficult to grasp.
The story of a Thai child who loses her toes to an accident. How she gets new toes. Perfect “worldview” book for little ones!
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum for Language Arts
Large, intricate pictures of life-scenes with thousands of words identifying everyday objects.
With a lilting rhyme and distinctive drawings, this book is a must for learning the sounds of the alphabet.
Sonlight Language Arts K package with K readers:
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Read Alouds
Four classic American stories, “Tall”–not because of the height of the characters, but because the truth gets stretched. Storyteller Jim Weiss tells of Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill, and the Fastest Draw in the West.
Classic nursery rhymes, beautifully illustrated. The lively rhythm of old favorites is full of wisdom, humor, and silly nonsense. A poetic introduction to literature.
Forty folk tales from around the world including non-Western sources! A delight.
“The Original and Authorized Edition” including
A family staple since 1928. This collection of 21 classic adventures, complete with original art by the author, is a “window to a simpler time,”Â and still delights all ages.
Traditional stories from around the world help kids develop appreciation for many cultures. Brave heroes and heroines, unusual and faithful creatures, and a few versions of “how it all began.”
In this riveting volume, Eric Carle’s wonderfully colorful collages celebrate the diversity of the earth’s animals. Punctuated by poems and lyrics from distinguished sources as diverse as the Bible, Shakespeare, Rudyard Kipling, Ogden Nash, Japanese haiku, and others.
Lavishly illustrated children’s edition of the national bestseller of the same title.
Mostly famous, but some not-so-famous, works of art arranged in thematic patterns for young children. From medieval to modern, Western and non-Western pieces. Gorgeous and fun. “A book to grow up with.”
Beautiful, rich, and vibrant illustrations accompany these classic tales and make them treasures for all to read. Don Daily’s exquisitely detailed illustrations make this hardcover series a great value.
Uncle Wiggily is everyone’s favorite rabbit–he’s funny, kind, and always comes up with a happy solution to any small problem. All children can relate to the experiences described in this amusing collection.
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum for Science
Compare sizes of very big things, from the world’s largest living creature to mountains, planets and more. Charming, full-color art brightens every page.
Your children discover things very much smaller than they, from the mouse-like shrew to microscopic particles, and compare their sizes.
Learn how three simple machines—the lever, pulley, and wheel—make big jobs (like delivering baboons to a treehouse party) easier. Illustrations are colorful and laugh-out-loud funny.
Find soft ground and start digging. 8,000 miles later, you’ll have many amazing discoveries to share! Fun way to explore what’s in the ground beneath our feet.
A colorful introduction to animals’ amazing defense mechanisms.
A colorful look at fish, whales, reefs, the seabed …
Anthology of The Berenstain Bears’ Almanac (seasons, weather, and astronomy), Nature Guide (plants, animals, and earth science), and Science Fair (machines, matter, and energy).
Watch the seasons change on an upstate New York farm. Observe how they affect the natural world.
Kindergarten Teacher Resources
Very easy to use, this first volume of four carefully sequenced workbooks helps you discover your children’s learning strengths and weaknesses.
Very easy to use, this second volume of four carefully sequenced workbooks helps you discover your children’s learning strengths and weaknesses.
Very easy to use, this third volume of four carefully sequenced workbooks helps you discover your children’s learning strengths and weaknesses.
I am a huge fan of All About Spelling and we just started Level 1 and Level 2 with our children along Hooked on Phonics. Our youngest loves both and this is how she began to read on her own! We will continue to use All About Spelling Level 1 with her and Hooked On Phonics Learn To Read Digital Program.
I have recently reviewed Hooked on Phonics Learn To Read Digital Program for Educents blog and I am writing a review for All About Spelling soon. I am very impressed with the results obtained by both programs!
Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum for Math
Although Sonlight offers great Math curriculum like Math-U-See, Horizons Math, Singapore Math and many others, we have chosen CTC Math K for all of our children including our youngest.
CTC Math is a complete online Math curriculum starting with Kindergarten and it is by far our favorite Math curriculum ever!
I highly recommend CTC Math and can’t shout out from the rooftops enough about how it has turned our little Math haters into great Math lovers and it has brought so much joy and peace to our homeschool days! What a difference!
You can check out these two reviews I wrote about it to find out the impact it had on our homeschool and why we love it so much.
Here are the reasons my kids love CTC Math:
- CTC Math has short and engaging video lessons.
- Kids go through the lessons at their own pace.
- They are receiving instant feedback after each lesson.
- They are learning mostly independently (Hallelujah! Moms, that gives us a break.)
- They get more time on the iPad or the computer which here is a reward for them.
- Their website is very easy to navigate (all in one place).
Here are the reasons I love and have chosen CTC Math for our children:
- Parents have a separate login and I can monitor everything my kids are learning.
- We receive weekly reports delivered to our email.
- I can create my task list (lesson plan) for each child if I want to.
- I can print out every report even reward certificates for my children when they finish each module.
- All grades are recorded for me so I don’t have to worry about that.
- Parents and students have access to all grades so if there is anything my kids need to revise from last year’s math, we can.
- It’s very affordable!! It costs a 1/3 of our last curriculum for all 3 children.
- I have access to their progress and can analyze it anytime from any device, even from my smart phone.
- I know how much time they spend on each lesson, their grades, what time they started and what time they finished their math.
- It is a complete curriculum for grades K to 8, with no need for supplementation and they do have high school math too.
- CTC Math lays down every option at your fingertip in their dashboard for you to know that your kids are really learning and not just wasting time.
- They offer homeschoolers 60% off plus 3 months for free when you subscribe for the annual membership
- 100% money back guaranteed if you are not satisfied with their program.
I am confident that my youngest will have a successful Kindergarten year with our choices for our 2016-2017 Kindergarten homeschool curriculum. I am excited and she is excited and eager to begin!
YOUR TURN: Are you still looking for the perfect Kindergarten homeschool curriculum? Have you found yours yet? Are you nervous about teaching your child to read?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Do you want to teach your kids independence and responsibility?