We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post..
Welcome to our 30 Days of Gratitude & Thanksgiving devotional.
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV
It’s easy to give thanks when your day is going well. You’re wearing your favorite t-shirt. You got a great parking spot. Your coffee is the perfect temperature with just the right mix of sugar and creamer. You get lots of likes on the selfie you posted on Instagram.
Cultivating gratitude when all goes wrong…
But what about those moments when things aren’t going so well? You spill your coffee on your jeans. You have to wait in a long line of customers at the bank or grocery store. You realize the battery in your smartphone is dead. Your child is ill or you just lost a loved one.
In moments like these, giving thanks is difficult. But giving thanks is also essential if you want to navigate these experiences with a positive outlook. This doesn’t mean being phony or pasting on a smile no matter what.
Rather, it’s about taking a moment to shift your focus. Instead of grumbling about the long line of customers, thank God for the cashier and pray for her family. When your smartphone needs a charge, thank God for all of the amazing technology you have access to. Choose to turn the uncomfortable or painful moments in life into thankfulness.
God, when I’m tempted to complain and grumble, help me to stop and shift my focus. I want to be someone who lives in continual gratitude. Let me never lose sight of the blessings You’ve poured out on me. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
How can you shift your focus with gratitude today?
- Gratitude journaling in a wonderful way to focus on your blessings. Count your blessings. Make a list of all you are grateful for. Bring to your memory the things that give you hope and encouragement.
- Read God’s Word for strength and comfort. Nothing refuels me better than reading the Bible and being reminded of His love and care for us.
- Start a Thanksgiving Jar. I’ve created 30 beautiful Scripture cards focusing on gratitude and thanksgiving you can print and read one a day on your devotional time or with your family around the dinner table. Read how we use ours here.
Join us as we learn to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in all circumstances!
I believe Thanksgiving is the key that unlocks joy in our lives, even in the midst of grief and sorrow.
By starting our day with gratitude and thanksgiving we can change the atmosphere around us. Who doesn’t want to be around a joyful and thankful person? We can be that person!
I challenge you to join me in being filled with gratitude and joy as we spend the month of November focusing on 30 gratitude and thanksgiving scriptures I put together in a calendar form.
– Read them aloud.
– Pray over them.
– Declare them in your life.
– Write them down.
– Send them to friends.
– Post them in your social media.
There are so many wonderful ways to use these scriptures!
Download your free Gratitude & Thanksgiving Scriptures Calendar now!