I created this Thanksgiving Jar Printable as a challenge and an opportunity to exercise gratitude daily, individually and/or as a family. This free printable can be used year-round as a reminder to be thankful in all circumstances because this is the will of God for us.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
The word thanksgiving in Hebrew – Hoda’ah (Todah for thanks) also means confession. Thanksgiving is when we confess to God and to others how grateful we are for God’s goodness and faithfulness in our lives.
- The Thanksgiving Jar will help you:
- What is The Thanksgiving Jar?
- How to assemble your Thanksgiving Jar.
- How to use the Thanksgiving Jar.
- Download your Thanksgiving Jar and start your 30 Days of Gratitude challenge today.
- More Thanksgiving Resources for Your Homeschool
The Thanksgiving Jar will help you:
- Learn to be content, grateful, and thankful in every circumstance, not just for the things we have.
- Help you model contentment, gratitude, and thankfulness to your children.
- Create a habit and live in an attitude of gratitude, always giving thanks to God for the good things and the bad things.
Practicing gratitude and thanksgiving daily, leave us with no room for fears, worries, and anxieties. By focusing on the Word of God and in His goodness, we will be able to cast our cares on Him and receive His peace in return.
Give God the first moments of your day, come before Him with thanksgiving and experience a renewed heart!
Click here to learn how to start praying Biblical virtues for your children.
What is The Thanksgiving Jar?
The Thanksgiving Jar is a 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge that will help you and your family to focus your mind and heart on being thankful. This is a set of 30 cards containing 30 Bible verses about gratitude and thanksgiving with a prayer prompt for each day.
How to assemble your Thanksgiving Jar.
First, sign up to receive the free printable and make sure you have:
- Cardstock paper or regular paper to print the downloadable file.
- Scissors to cut the cards and the label.
- A large Mason jar
- Glue to glue the label to the jar
If you want to create a booklet instead, you will need a stapler to staple it all together. I created a second label for this purpose as well.
This printable also contains two bonus gratitude Bible verse poster you can use to decorate the wall or print it in a smaller size to use for Bible journaling.
How to use the Thanksgiving Jar.
There are many ways to use The Thanksgiving Jar. You can use this printable for daily prayer and meditation, as journaling prompts, and Bible study starters.
The Thanksgiving Jar is also an excellent resource to be used with your family and relatives on Thanksgiving Day. You can gather the family before or after dinner and pass the cards around asking each person to read one card and respond to the prompt aloud. Then add it to the jar.
Another possibility is to also, on Thanksgiving Day, pass blank pieces of papers around the table, asking each person to take and read one card as everyone writes down their responses.
These are amazing opportunities to share collectively how thankful we are for God’s blessings in our lives.
Download your Thanksgiving Jar and start your 30 Days of Gratitude challenge today.
Love this? Download the Free Thanksgiving Bible Journaling Printable too!
More Thanksgiving Resources for Your Homeschool
For free access to more than 1000 freebies, visit our Freebies page.